tiistai 21. toukokuuta 2013

My future


What are you doing after high school? Where are you going to study? What do you want to become? These are the most common questions a high school student has to answer besides the exams and homework questions. Usually when I get asked these questions, I really don’t know how to answer. My future is something distant in my head, even though I know it’s going to come ahead, and even though I know I’ll have to face it sometime soon.

When you start high school you think that you will have so much time before it ends. But in reality, you don’t. Two and a half years go by so fast and you will have to decide what you’re going to do in the future at the end of your first year and I think it’s way too early! When I had to choose my courses for the next year, I panicked because you have to know what subjects you are going to take your final exams from. You will have to pick the right courses and at that point you will basically need to know where you want to go or study after school.
My future plans are not my favorite thing to think about, but of course when I think about it, I get a certain picture in my head. I know I want a social job in the future and for example Ihave thought of studying history or English at the university to become a teacher. That would be a very interesting job that I like to think I’d never get bored with. I also want my job to be international, so that I could teach someplace else. I have also been thinking about maybe studying abroad. or at least studying as an exchange student for a while.

There has been lot of talk about youth unemployment lately, but I’m not really worried about it yet. You never know how things will be in five years. I would also like to believe that the situation is getting better rather than worse, so I’m looking at the unemployment positively.

All in all, I have some kind of image of what I want to do but I’m not sure of anything yet. However I’m sure it will all sort out in time. So for now, my secure summer plans are to have an awesome and unforgettable summer with my family and friends, and maybe I’ll figure it all out somewhere in the middle of it.


picture source

2 kommenttia:

  1. Very nice! Speaking of unemployment you look at it like it wont matter for you in the future and it won't. Just be sure you get a good education so you can get a job that many people are not qualified for, but you are.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Good advice, Calvin! If only we knew which jobs not many people will be qualified for in the future...
    Don't worry too much now - you will find your place with your attitude and positive outlook on life. Being a teacher sure is a job that you will never get bored with (well, maybe some parts of it may be boring sometimes - marking exams...). It's great to be able to work with lively young people year after year. Keeps you young, too! Hopefully all the exchange programmes for university students will still be available when you get there. Make the most of any grants and chances you may find to widen your horizons abroad. Wishing you a lovely summer and all the best for your future!

    VastaaPoista