maanantai 24. syyskuuta 2012

..and this is where I come from



Hello! My name is Saara-Elina, I’m fifteen years old ( I turn 16 in a week) and I come from Kaarina, a small town where I have been living whole my life. I go to Kaarina’s lukio’s music and drama class and I really like it. As my hobby, I play violin and in my free time I love to hang out with my friends, go to movies, read, shop, bake or sing. I consider myself Finnish since I’ve born and lived here all my life, but my parents are Iranian and that’s why I can speak Farsi and Azerice in addition to Finnish.

This post is me telling you about where I come from, and I come from Kaarina, Finland, so I’m going to tell you how I feel about living here. Like I already mentioned, Kaarina is a town in Finland and with population of 30 000, so it’s quite small. I have plans to move to a bigger city in future, but as for now, I like living in Kaarina. It’s nice to live in a small town because it’s peaceful, safe and clean, we never have traffic and you can go everywhere by foot or bike. Although I like living here, I think I couldn’t do It if Turku (one of the biggest cities in Finland) wasn’t nearby. Also It’s a good thing to have a bigger city near  because here in Kaarina we don’t have any malls, good restaurants or movie theatres and every once in a while, it feels good to be in a place with more people.

Every now and then I hear people complaining about living in Finland. I complain about it myself too, but whenever I think about home, I think of Finland. Of course it’s sometimes challenging to live here because of the dark winters, or cold weather, but it has lot of greatness too. for example. beautiful nature, bright summer nights or great chocolate. and the living conditions are good too.
So basically, I think it's nice to live here in Finland, but I see myself maybe moving out in future.


                             This is a picture of Kaarina I took while my evening walk at summer.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Very interesting and lovely story. I agree with you about that thing that here is safe and clean and not so much traffic and even here is missing the movie theathers and malls, it's really peaceful place to live and if Turku would not be near, I would not either live here. I'm going to move out here in future, but i will always remember this place as my home as well as Turku.

    VastaaPoista
  2. It would have been really interesting to hear something about your Iranian "roots", too, even though you were born here in Finland. I'm sure your parents' culture has had an effect on your life in many ways, not only through the language but otherwise, too.
    Yes, despite dark and cold winters and other annoying things, Finland has a lot of good things to offer, too, hasn't it?

    VastaaPoista