tiistai 18. joulukuuta 2012

My trip to Rome, Italy


I had always wanted to go to Rome and see all of the historical places that I had read and seen movies of, so when our parents told us that they had booked a three-day trip to Italy, I was really excited! It was the summer of 2012 and I was ready to go! It was a three hour flight to Rome and from there, an hour-long bus ride to Rome city center.

Rome was everything I had always imagined. Everywhere was beautiful, old and interesting. The first day was all about finding our hotel and checking in, but in the evening, we had a little of time and we made our way to the metro station to went to the historical center of Rome: Colosseo. Colosseo is where the Colosseum and Forum Romanum (the old city center of Rome) is located, but everywhere was closed already.  


The second day we took a tourist hop on, hop off bus and went through Rome’s most popular historical places like the Vatican city, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona. The city itself was amazing because of its old and antique vibe and the atmosphere was modern and historical at the same time, but I was the most impressed of the Colosseum and Forum Romanum. They have managed to keep them in such a good condition!  You could easily imagine Italian people from the past going around the city center or gladiators fighting at the Colosseum. It was like there was a united theme for the whole city. All of the buildings were really detailed and they carried out a same color scale.



                                         Piazza Navona
                                        
                                         Colosseum
On the third day, we didn’t have time to do much, but we went to the old city center to shop and see the places for the last time.Our plane back to Helsinki departed at six in the evening, and we had to be at the airport at least two hours early.
The thing about Italy is its old places and strong culture that make it a very interesting travelling spot. The food is also very famous and I can assure you, It is good! Pizzas, pastas and the ice cream (or as they would call it, gelato) were all better than anywhere I have been. My favourite food was probably the Italian basic pasta, pasta bolognese.The way the italians just cook everything simply,is probably why it is that good.

Even though I only got to be there just for three days, Rome managed to steal my heart and I know that I will go back someday.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Italy is definitely famous about food! I just love Italian pasta and ice cream, so delicious! Is Italy an expensive country? I mean like shopping, food...

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ahh, who wouldn't love Italy, its history, monuments, atmosphere, and the unbelievable food! Unfortunately, I've only ever changed planes at the airport in Rome but never visited the city itself. It's definitely on my list of places to see one day! Nice to read about how you imagined historical scenes in the places you visited!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I think Rome is one of the places that everyone should go at least once. I haven't had that chance yet, you're very lucky!

    VastaaPoista